Thursday, August 23, 2012

House sprout

My house is growing out of the dust, sprouting like luscious weeds in the Florida rainy season! Two months to go. I cannot believe how fast it is going. I cannot believe how slowly the time passes. Waiting is endless and yet passes in a flash. How can this be?

This was my house on July 15. Cinderblock in neat rows, gaping holes for the windows, doors and roof.

Just a few weeks later ...
by July 29th the roof is trussed and sealed, just waiting for the terra cotta barrel tiles ...

And earlier this month, by Aug 15, more sealing work is completed on the roof and the windows are in.





Inside walls are taking shape, basic plumbing is in and electricity wired.

Time passes for me in agonizing slow motion interspersed with blurry bursts of speed. I sort through piles and clear through closets. Decisions, decisions. What to take and what to leave. I am determined to keep it simple. My new life will be organized and simple. No space for clutter and chaos. How simply divine!

No comments:

Post a Comment